Experience Christ’s Boundless Mercy
Given that sin destroys our relationship with God and undermines our relationship with other human beings, ‘reconciliation’ designates that precise effect of Christ’s redemption of the human race that restores our relationship with God and our human fellowship. Christ breaks down the barriers that sin raises between us and God, and within the human community.
Our conversion from sin and reception of divine mercy are continually renewed by confession. Serious sin separates us from the body of the church, and sacramental penance reconciles us with God and the community of his people.
This sacrament is also referred to as the sacrament of penance or confession.
Penance/Confession is available at Immaculate Conception:
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Tuesdays: 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- Anytime by appointment
The Forgiveness of Sins – Four Parts
- Contrition – A sincere sorrow for having offended God, and the most important act of the penitent. There can be no forgiveness of sin if we do not have sorrow and a firm resolve not to repeat our sin.
- Confession – Confronting our sins in a profound way to God by speaking about them aloud to the priest.
- Penance – An important part of our healing is the ‘penance’ the priest imposes in reparation for our sins.
- Absolution – The priest speaks the words by which ‘God, the father of mercies’ reconciles a sinner to himself through the merits of the cross.
Confession puts you straight with everyone!