Marriage Encounter is designed to give married couples the opportunity to examine their lives together. The emphasis of marriage encounter is on communication between husband and wife, who spend a weekend together away from the distractions and tensions of everyday life to concentrate on each other. It is not a retreat, nor a marriage clinic. Instead, marriage encounter is a unique approach aimed at revitalizing Christian marriages.
If you are interested, wish to learn more or want to register for a Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend, contact 1-800-795-LOVE or complete the form and mail to the attention of Lou and Mary Locante, 105 Snowden Dr., Pittsburgh, PA 15229.
The diocese offers five programs that enrich good marriages, as well as train others at the parish level to present these sessions. For additional information, please contact us.
- The Five Love Languages – This session allows couples to learn their love language; how you and your spouse feel loved.
- The Lord and the Dance – Learn ballroom dancing and how a dancing relationship is like a marriage relationship.
- Fireproof – This action-packed love story is a natural ministry tool that demonstrates how love and respect are essential to make any marriage fireproof.
- REFOCCUS – Like the pre-marriage inventory, REFOCCUS is for those couples already married who need to identify their common interests and expectations.
- Empty Nesters – Have your children left home? What’s the next step? Learn how to deal with being just a couple again after years of having children around all the time.